Portugal payroll service
Administering a Portuguese payroll can be complicated, time-consuming and has risks in terms of time spent, compliance and unnecessarily incurred costs.
There are rules related to onshore and offshore work as well as specific rules in relation to work carried out by foreign employees. Although Portugal follows EU legislation with respect to most taxation rules, there are differences that any employer should be aware of.
At Binks Overseas we provide a fully compliant, outsourced payroll service to recruitment companies and small businesses that work within Portuguese territories and offshore, within the Portuguese Continental Shelf.
We can administer monthly payroll, complete reporting to the Danish tax authorities and act as agent for our clients where necessary.
In dealing with payroll taxes in Portugal it is necessary to understand the employer responsibilities in relation to compliance and reporting requirements. Our all-inclusive service provides peace of mind to any employer and especially foreign employers operating in Portugal.
All-inclusive Portuguese payroll service:
• Monthly payroll processing
• Issuing of payslips in Portuguese (and in English as a special request)
• Monthly reporting to the Portuguese tax authorities
• Annual reporting of employer and employee payroll activity
• Compilation and distribution of employee annual tax statements
• Responding to payroll-related correspondence from the Portuguese tax authorities (in Portuguese where necessary)
Supplemental services available:
• Registration of client company as an employer in Portugal (required to pay employees)
• Assistance with registration of employees for Portuguese tax numbers
• Individual Portuguese tax return service for employees
• A1 applications for employees where appropriate and applicable
• Advice and guidance on tax-related subjects for both the client and employees
• Translation services from Portuguese to English
We are able to provide bespoke packages of services tailored to the needs of each client
Contact us for a consultation and to obtain a quotation.
Contractor payroll service
This payroll service is provided to individuals, recruitment companies and small businesses who wish to relinquish the responsibility of being an employer for work carried out in Portugal or within Portuguese territories.
In this case Binks Overseas becomes the employer and a sub-contractor to the client to provide the services of the individual contractor. This is attractive for the client as:
• The client company relinquishes employer responsibility for payroll processing and payment of taxes to the Portuguese tax authority.
• The client saves administrative time and labour costs of administering a payroll in Portugal.
• The client is not required to register as an employer in Portugal as Binks Overseas is the employer and is registered as such.
• In some cases it is the individual contractor who pays the fees to Binks Overseas and so the client reduces further the costs of operating in Portugal.
All that the client needs to provide is a sub-contract for each individual it wishes to work in Portugal.
Please contact us for more details and a quotation.